Information about the type approval (certification) procedure of Telecommunication Equipment in Ukraine
First step is (only for Radio Emission Equipment (REE)):
The Applicants’ kind(s) (type(s)) of Radio Emission Equipment should be included into the Ukrainian Registry of Radio Electronic & Emission Equipment.
Note.It can be done in the National Commission for the State Regulation of Communications and Informatization (NKRZI) of Ukraine (ph. +38 044 569-71-07, +38 044 569-71-06; Address: 3, Solom’yanska str., Kyiv, 03110, Ukraine, room 517 www.nkrzi.gov.ua).
The second step – just the procedure of certification:
The Applicant (foreign company) over its authorized Representative in Ukraine (according to the Power of Attorney) prepares and hands in on the name of the Head of Certification Body (further – CB) (for example – CB UKRCHASTOTNAGLYAD of Ukrainian Centre of Radio Frequency (UCRF) – 15 km, pr-t Peremogy, Kyiv, 03179, Ukraine, Head of CB – O. Lysenko) the next:
- Application form for certification (in Ukraine)
(separate Application on a separate kind (type) of products (but possible – to integrate the same types (models) of product)) (for Radio & Emission Equipment – with visa of the Authorities of NKRZI. This visa approves, that the kind (type) of product was included in the Ukrainian Registry of Radio Electronic & Emission Equipment).
Note. Applicant’s authorized Representative in Ukraine can receive the Application form for certification from CB UKRCHASTOTNAGLYAD, sending the request to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or takes it on the www.ucrf.gov.ua (click “Certification”, and after – “Form’s of Application ….”).
The Applicant (over its authorized Ukrainian Representative) represents to the CB the following Technical and other documents on the specified products, together with the Application (in folder or in electronic (CD, DVD)):
- Technical Specifications on the Products (authenticated by firm) (in English); Technical Description, User Manual (in English).
- Letter with information about relations between Applicant and Producer (authenticated by seal).
- Guarantee Letter from Producer (Applicant ) (with name, address, phones, fax and e-mail of the company (firm), which will fulfill the guarantee (postguarantee) obligations on certified and supplied products in Ukraine) (authenticated by seal).
- Materials according the protection of t/communication equipment and installation personal against electricity (if necessary).
Note. The safety chapter in technical documentation (Technical Description, User (Service) Manual, etc.) should be translated into Ukrainian (Russian) – on CD, DVD or paper.
CB takes the Decision to carry out the certification of the specified equipments (after analysis of the received materials) and sends (transfers) the Decision to the Test Laboratory (Centre) (for example – to Test Centre of UCRF – TC UKRCHASTOTNAGLYAD – further TC).
TC and the Applicant (over its Representative) come into official contacts and conclude the Contract on realisation of the certification tests after reciving of the CB’s Decision. The conditions, place and terms of tests, equipment’s quantity of samples, summ of payment, etc. are pointed out in the Contract.
Note. Products and samples of test equipment, which could used during the testing, may be introduce on the territory of Ukraine only on a short term for certification (Law of Ukraine “About Radio Frequency Resource of Ukraine” (1770-14): “Chapter 29.”).
The Applicant’s represantative in Ukraine can recive all information about procedure of “Intromission” (for certification of REE) see the Web-site of UCRF www.ucrf.gov.ua, part “Intromission” (or send the request to the CB).
All products and testing documents are supplied to the TC by Applicant over its Ukrainian Representative.
TC carries out the certification tests in according with the Test Program (Test Methods) agreed with Applicant (or Producer).
The term of type approval work – 1 or 2 month from the date of signing of the Contract (depend on the activity of the Applicant).
The Applicant (or Producer, or its authorized Representative in Ukraine) recives the Certificate of Conformity (CC) on:
- a product’s lot in quantity of N pieces (complects) (product’s Invoice is necessary – the Invoice number write in the CC). The term of Certificate’s operation (action) is 1 (one) year.
- a serial produt:
- after producer’s factory correspondene inspections (by the correspondene study of “THE QUESTIONNAIRE with information about manufacturing of products subjected to certification” (with a few supplementory documents) and product’s test by TС in Ukraine). Term of Certificate’s operation – 1 year. In this case (seria schema), CB and TC conduct technical supervision of producer’s production of certified product (by correspondence) over 7-8 months (from the Certificate issue) according to the Contract, Programm of Technical Supervision and Licenze Agreement.
- after producer’s factory inspections by CB’ auditors and product’s test in Ukraine (term of Certificate’s operation – 2 years). In this case (seria schema), CB and TC conduct technical supervision of producer’s production of certified product every year according to the Contract, Programm of Technical Supervision and Licenze Agreement.
- evaluation of producer’s QMS by CB’ auditors and product’s test in Ukraine (term of Certificate’s operation – 3 years). In this case (seria schema), CB and TC conduct technical supervision of producer’s production of certified product and QSM every year according to the Contract, Programm of Technical Supervision and Licenze Agreement.
- TC UKRCHASTOTNAGLYAD fulfills the type approval tests according to the acting Ukrainian standards, including also ETSI, EN, IEC, ITU-T,R international standards and recommendations.
- CB gives information and consults on fill in the Application form, etc.
tel. +38 044 422-8544, +38 044 422-8185 (cost of certification); tel. +38 044 422-8546, 422-8531; e-mail: email@example.com
Acting Laws of Ukraine for type approval procedure are:
“About Telecommunications” – Chapter 24. The applied conditions of telecommunication’s technical equipment;
“About Type Approval”;
“About Radio Frequency Resource of Ukraine” – Chapters 25, 26, 29.